GSHA is the professional representative body of English Grammar School Headteachers, supported by their Governing and Parent bodies, and driven by regional membership.
Our Purpose is to pursue our professional aims through the many partnerships we maintain within the education system. Leading development where our strengths so determine and supporting development where need and partnership suggest.
Only by playing a full part in the education system of this country can we justify our position of strength and sustain our foundation of excellence.
Run by Grammar School Leaders for Grammar Schools.
- To support the work of Head Teachers
- To promote, celebrate and represent the work of Grammar Schools
- To link Regional and National networks to provide a coherent voice
- To support the development of best practice
- To develop provision for able students
GSHA Actions for support heads include:
- Forging links with national policy makers and with educational organisations, as well as representing Grammar Schools on national bodies
- Commissioning bespoke data analysis and providing a register of good practice to spread best practice and support school leaders
- Commissioning research and audit to aid strategic planning and provide evidence of the value of work in the Grammar School sector
- Supporting heads through a newsletter each term and periodic advisory bulletins and mentoring support for newly appointed heads
- An annual conference (free to members), seminars and current issues and an annual deputies conference
- Complimentary membership of The Landsdowne Club, London